I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Monday, August 07, 2006

Takaoka swim

I went swimming in Takaoka today.
I was chatting with my friend Daiji on msn and he asked me what my plans were for the evening. I told him I was thinking of going to Takaoka to say goodbye to one of the leaving JETs but I wanted to swim, so I wasn't sure...

He and I rarely get to see each other because we live about a 90min drive from each other and he doesn't have a car. But we both love swimming and joke about the idea that we should swim together. So today we did!

I drove to Takaoka and picked him up and he brought me to an amazing facility! Besides the shiney, spiffy gym it had an 8 lane 25m pool and outdoor dive tank and an outdoor 50m pool!!! I was so excited to swim long course for once -and outside (it was over 36 degrees today). BUT, alas, it was not to be. Swim club was in and they had all the lanes. We had to settle for the short course pool. I got in before Daiji and started my warm up in the only lane with one other swimmer. He looked pretty fast (at least he was young...)and at first he didn't seem to thrilled that I had chosen his lane, but once he realized that I was keeping up to him, he was a bit more polite about the whole thing.

We didn't have a whole lot of time since we did have Dave's farewell dinner to attend. But I managed to get my warm up in at least and a few 50s on the side.

So in total about 1500m. Just wish it had been LC and outdoors...maybe I'll make the trek again. I think that was the pool we would have competed in last month had K and I not gone to Hokkaido. Zannen.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

we should go back to the LC pool just to get a few practice swims in before the next meet! i haven't swum in LC since college!

Colin Madland said...

Not related to this post, but you may be interested in checking out www.fatcyclist.spaces.live.com. My favorite cycling blog.
cm

Linea said...

cool, will do!

Linea said...

K, we should do a saturday in Tak or at least the indoor LC pool in Toy soon.

Kirsten said...

okay......but yikes, my saturdays might be busy for AWHILE. oh no!