I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Friday, August 11, 2006

2km

No, there's no typo in the title...

I got 1km on my bike today...and then I got a flat!! Or as they say here a "punk-u".


!$#@%$^^%$ It took me a better part of an hour to convince myself to bike all the way to the beach today, so when I finally got on my bike only to have to turn around again - well, needless to say, I was ticked.

So, I drove to the beach instead, with visions of a swim at the pool after -but the water was so nice today, I just swam around in the sea for an hour instead. It always helps to have onlookers to get me to swim better...today there were lots of boys on the beach so I had no problem swimming hard.

I would start at the beach and swim out doing my stroke count for a 25. I started with fly and did about 6 reps of each in IM order and then breast stroke back to the beach. Then I just floated and sculled around for the remainder of the time.

I'm sure it'll help me somewhere down the road when I choose a triathlon with an openwater swim, right??

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

bummer about the bike tire. you're not having very good bike luck!! hmm?? maybe you need to buy a special "safety bike" omomori from a temple!

i hope you can get back on the road soon!!!