I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

3 days away

I got my triathlon info in the mail yesterday. Amazing how much more stress is added when all the info comes in kanji!!

Maybe I should have researched this more thouroughly first -I thought I was going to get it easy by having a pool swim, but of course, how silly of me to assume...

So it looks like they're going to take out the lane ropes in the 6 lane, 25m pool and we have to zig zag 150m 5 times. That means we have to get out of the pool after every 150 and go back to the start...this sounds like something I used to do to my swimmers -we called them gorilla sets...damn you Karma!


After the swim is the bike, of course. 20km, not too hard -except they didnt' send me a map of the course. Just a map of where the course is. Looks like if I want to try out the course I have to do it before Friday (tomorrow) or if I want to just check it out I can do that Sat as well....FYI Yatsuo is just over an hour from my apartment. Ick. I still don't know what to do with the bike yet -where I have to put it or when... still deciphering the info sheet.


After the 20km bike is the 5km run. Run = someting I haven't done in a long time....
As far as I can tell it's another loop-run up one side of the river cross a bridge and go down the other side -which I have to complete 4 times.

So like I said, the biggest stress right now is figuring out the bike portion -where to store it, and where to go once I'm on it!!!


Ahhhh, what have I done to myself? And no one to hold my hand.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

you will do great!! it's a practice tri for the real thing! if it goes well, maybe you can convince me to tri one sometime!! a small one!!

Anonymous said...

Don't stress! It will be such an adventure...a learning experience! You LOVE to learn. Put it in perspective! Do your best with what you have!! Everyone you are competing against has had a first triathalon, and besides, you will do well, just like you always do when you apply yourself.
We (the Litkes) will be there holding your hand and cheering you on! Go Linea! Go!
big hugs to you
-M