I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I hate Tuesdays at the pool...

Tuesdays, for some strange reason are the busiest days at the pool. And the concept of 'fast lanes' and 'slow lanes' doesn't seem to exist. People just get in where ever they please - and since when has swimming been a social sport! Get your face in the water and swim people!! Quit standing IN THE MIDDLE of the lane talking to your neighbors!!!

It's not bad when K and I are together, we usually are intimidating enough to scare people off - but yesterday K got out earlier than I did and when I came off the wall from a flip turn I literally swam right over top of a woman who had pushed off the wall when I was coming in to do a turn. She's lucky, I didn't actually hit her, I just streamlined right up over her legs then stopped short, spitting and sputtering. She was oblivious!!

Another woman stood at the end of the lane, directly on the blue line - like a deer caught in the headlights, not moving whenever I'd come in to do a turn. I actually yelled underwater as a did my turn, I wonder if she heard me...

anyway, I still managed 4000m

Warm up 4x150 RIM swim 4x150 IM kk

2x3x200 SKP E on 30 sec rest

3x200 SscullP T on 30 sec rest

8x25 E sprint @ 1:00

16x25 E pull - each 25 increase the # of strokes before taking a breath by one starting from 4

400 cool down alt E andT drill

GYM: 30min stretching 30min on the bike (10@60/5@80/5@90/5@70/5@40)

No comments: