I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

my first bike commute

a.m.
bis and tris -hardly worth noting.
3x15 at 3kg.


I biked to work for the first time since I started working in Kurobe. I only had one school today, so I didn't have to worry about changing in and out of my bike clothes...

It's exactly 8km to Mikkaichi Elementary School, so in total I biked 16km today. It took me 25min to get there this morning via Rte 8 (which is the bane of my existance, but the fastest, most direct route - I might have to invest in a mask though). It took only 20 minutes on the way home, I was cruising at a nice 28.8km/hr until some idiot turned in front of me and I almost landed on my head again.

Say it with me now,

I HATE ROUTE 8!!!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

nice work!!! but don't go so fast, it's too dangerous on rt. 8! nobody sees you. i don't want a text that says "i got hit."
:)