I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Monday, September 04, 2006

Floating, Floundering, Failing

What I failed to mention in the last post is that I got slightly inebriated on Saturday night and am still suffering the consequences of too many glasses of wine...so today there was NO YOGA in the morning, but my arm got a workout...

a.m. workout:
5x1 hit of the snooze button @5:00


p.m. workout:
warm up 800RIM 400Kick
floated around, did fly drills with one of the masters swimmers -OK, she did the drill, I kicked and watched.
floated some more -had a lane to mysef, can you tell?
got tired of being tired so I got out.


still crippled on my left side. i'm trying to work up the courage to see the chiropractor again...

if I had to rate today's energy levels -I woke up at about a 3, got up to about a 6 during my first elementary school lesson, and am now hovering at 3 again.

2 comments:

Colin Madland said...

One thing you may want to try is dropping upright rows from your weight workout. The rotator cuff, particularly the supraspinatus part of the rotator cuff, is rather finicky when it comes to your shoulder being abducted and externally rotated (which pretty much includes all the strokes you might use to swim).

Try a front lateral raise (with your arm internally rotated so that you lead with your pinky finger) to strengthen the supraspinatus.

For more info check out this link (hopefully it will work)
http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/Supraspinatus.html
Follow the link to 'supraspinatus weakness' at the very bottom.

Cheers,
Colin

Linea said...

Thank you! I'll take a look at it asap!