I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Friday, June 09, 2006

to the pool in the rain

Sista K and I bike to the pool in the pouring rain on Friday. It is the rainy season after all...

We were soaked by the time we got there, but it's warm enough now that I wasn't too chilled. And besides -we were going to get wet anyway! It's funny how wearing spandex and a helmet automatically makes you "kakkoi" (cool) in the country. Even the girl at the pool said so went we walked in, dripping like a couple of drowned rats.

I was told that these bikes can get pretty treacherous on wet roads, but we seemed to do alright with them. The scariest part so far is breaking going down hill.

It's 10km to the pool.

The swim:

Warm up 800RIM 400kick

200 long and strong.

It was already getting dark and neither of us has great lights on our bikes yet, so we called it quits, put our wet clothes back on and biked home. The rain had stopped so I was almost dry by the time we got back out our apartments.

No comments: