I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Sunday afternoon bike ride to Niigata

Amy's BEE ride is drawing closer and Sista K and I have taken it upon ourselves to use her as an excuse to ride our bikes more...

We headed up the coast to Niigata on a cool, cloudy Sunday afternoon -perfect for biking. I feel really comfortable (physically) on my bike, but I have yet to really push it and break a sweat. I'm sure once I get used to gearing, breaking, and avoiding potholes and dead animals I'll get a little braver. For now I'm happy with easily doing 42km and not having any side effects.

I'm looking forward to longer rides -but first I have to take the time to find out more about riding techniques, cadence, and basic pacing. I have a feeling it's going to get tougher as the weather warms up, but it's certainly a lot easier on the joints than running!

highlights of this particular trip: dead frogs, dead furry creatures, white guys in speedos, detours, and spaghetti dinner (OK, that was after, but a direct result of the bike ride...)


last word: thank heavens I don't have allergies -we got to Jade Beach and Kirsten and Amy were breaking out all over the place!! haha, ok, it wasn't that bad, but if Kirsten didn't have drugs with her the trip would have been a lot shorter!

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

Thank goodness for anti-allergy meds. I'm gonna keep a stock of those in my bike bag. Wow, that was the most brillant thing I've done in a long time.

When's the next ride? I'm lovin' it!!

P.S. The pool is closed this week....early morning bike ride???