I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Triathlon training begins


Well, I finally did it.
I blew my coin jar money on a new bike.

It's a GIANT OCR3 road bike. It's black (I always seem to get black bikes...), it's shiney, and it's going to kick my butt.

I've never trained on a bike before. I've got a lot of work ahead of me, learning not only the mechanics of the bike, but the mechanics of my body! Hopefully this won't be as stressful on my back as running is and not as stressful on my shoulders as swimming is. I hope I like it....

The timing is bad, rainy season is coming. I've got to make a schedule and stick to it. I may start alternating running and biking mornings -but I have to find a good route for both -roads here are a bit narrow to say the least, and it's very easy to get lost.


Amy has also bought a bike to train for her BEE ride, hopefully we can do a few good rides together -now we just have to convince Sista K that she needs to get one too!!!

No comments: