I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Monday, February 11, 2008

Back at it.

It's time to get back at this. I have 5.5 months before I head home and want to make my time remaining here count. Time to restart the mileage meters and start taking account of what I'm doing again.

What I have been doing since the fall.

Pretty much a whole lotta nothin'. I've stopped swimming. Not that I really wanted to, but until I get the shoulder properly looked at, I'm not going to risk further injury. I might start up some kind of schedule in the spring, but for the remainder of the winter I will stick to boarding and yoga.

Chika and I started yoga a couple of months ago. We try to go once a week to a power yoga class in Nyuzen. It's an hour long, the instructor is great and it's something that I look forward to every Wednesday. I think I'm improving, although I don't really have anything proof to confirm that, other than my toes are getting a little closer to my fingers and I can hold a pose for longer. I have good balance, but zero flexibility. I bought a couple of good books while I was home and the goal is do be doing it regularly at least 3 times a week.

On the weekends I head to the mountains. The snow is a lot better this year and I have been out 6 times this season. I have good days and I have bad, but the idea of being outside all day keeps me motivated during the week.

No comments: