I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Weekend Activities

This weekend I went camping up in the mountains. By camping, I mean we slept in tents, the rest wasn't really roughing it. We had a refrigerator at our disposal and all the other amenities, but none the less, I got to spend a majority of my time outdoors. On Saturday we played ultimate frisbee for about an hour. The teams were fairly even for talent, but I have to say the other team did have a slight height advantage...we lost 10-8.

Yesterday, after gorging on yakisoba and then soaking in the onsen we headed back to Toyama city. I met up with a friend and we went to the driving range for the afternoon. I miss golfing -even though I didn't do it that often at home I still had my own set of clubs and could go out the the driving range or shoot 18 holes whenever I wanted. Here, the golf courses are pretty limited and very expensive. I've been invited to play next month some time by some teachers that I work with, so now I've got a new focus! The thing is, I don't have my own clubs here, and I'm a lefty. We checked out a used equipment shop last night, but they only had a limited number of left handed sets -apparently it's really rare here to hit left. The cheapest set was around $170. I don't know if it's worth it. I've got to keep looking I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

can't you rent clubs for the day?

Linea said...

My teacher looked into it and I can rent clubs the day we play, but it'd be nice to have a couple just to go to the driving range with.

The DR we went to yesterday only had a 7 iron available...

Kirsten said...

sounds like a fun weekend!!

yikes...golf is SO expensive in Japan!! hopefully you can find something cheap!

Linea said...

I think he said 20 bucks for club rentals...

as for green fees, I have no idea yet!