I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bike

I headed to the beach on my bike in the middle of the day. The temp was above 35 degrees, but biking parallel to the river is a bit cooler as the air blows off the water. The bike down to the beach -not technically a beach I'm sure, but a small area where the river flows out into the Japan sea - is a beautiful one. I follow the river from Unazuki and the road meanders, dips, switches back, and floats me down to the sea. Along the way there are all kinds of parks and recreation areas built into the somewhat narrow floodplains. There is REAL grass where the park golf (a hybrid of golf and mini-golf) course is. There is a place designated for remote control helicopters to be flown. A stretch of pavement for skateboarding, a baseball diamond, soccer pitches and picnic areas.

Because of the intensity of the heat today, I made it half way to the beach and decided to stop at a small park area, lay down my towel and sit in the sun with my book instead. I enjoyed a good half hour read then strolled to the river to cool off before heading home.

A great way to spend an hour outside.

Bike:12km

No comments: