I'll be posting all my workouts here...well, maybe not all. But if you're interested in following what I'm doing feel free to read and/or join me!

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Where are my freakin' goggles? Soap inna eye, soap inna eye! Get out of my lane buddy or I'll run you over! -ack! leg cramp!

That's how my swim went today. I forgot to put my regular goggles back in my bag, so I pulled an old pair out from the depths of some inner pocket of forementioned bag - strap discolored, lenses scratched...and slimey with soap or some other beauty product that had oozed out into the pocket at some point. I thought I had rinsed them well enough. But apparently not. 25m in and my eye was stinging and watering and miserable. I kept swimming thinking it would get better eventually, but it didn't. That didn't stop me though. What stopped me (besides the guy who insisted on pushing off the wall EVERY FREAKIN TIME I was coming in for a turn) were the leg cramps during the last rep of my main set. Not just one leg -both. Calf seizing, toe curling agony is what it was. I managed to finish the set and then kick it out a bit for cool down.

A big swim nonetheless:

800RIM
4oo Kick
5x 200 Free pull/100 IM on 1:00 Free was build, IM was long and strong.
300 cool down

3000m

No comments: